VA’s electronic “one-stop shop” for veterans wanting tools and information regarding their claims and benefits is becoming more popular. Created in 2007, the eBenefits web portal offers vets, troops and family members the speed and convenience only the Internet can provide.
Here is an update on who is (or is not) using the site, according to an October Stripes.com article:
- 2 million registered users
- 35 million eligible GIs. Vets and family members aren’t using the service
- 30,000 veterans use eBenefits daily to track VA compensation and pension claims
- 780,000 veterans use eBenefits monthly to view payment and reimbursement history
- 10,000 veterans, active-duty troops and Reserve and National Guard members use eBenefits monthly to print or send lenders copies of their home-loan guaranty certificate of eligibility.
Vets, troops, Reserve and Guard members, their families and survivors are eligible to use eBenefits. Users must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System and obtain a DoD Self-Service Login. Access the site at www.ebenefits.va.gov, or call 1-800-827-1000 and select option 7.