Army Offers Free Document Service

The Army’s Human Resources Service Center offers a free service to troops, veterans, military retirees and their family members who need help retrieving information to support claims for entitlements or benefits.

The Center’s operations officer says that many people pay private companies to locate such things as discharge papers or other military records, a service the Center provides at no charge.

“We are here to assist as many people as we can, but the thing is they don’t know about us and that is a shame,” Andrew Dennison said.

All requests must be accompanied by a signed Standard Form 180.

For more information call 1-888-276-9472, email or access, then click on ASK HRC in the right column.

SOURCE: VFW Magazine June/July 2012

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s